Fishing in the Netherlands - What do I need?

The Legal Requirements

Disclaimer, this is not legal advice, you need to verify with the relevant authorities before fishing

In the UK anglers need to have a Rod License, the same is true for The Netherlands, so here is my experience to help any anglers coming over the water to fish here.

UK Rod Licence = VISpas

A VISpas is required prior to fishing any waters in the Netherlands.  More information can be found here (English version)

There is a very handy PDF guide to which type of VISpas you require, that can be found here:

How to order your VISpas:

Another useful guide that I found was one by blogger, MasterBlanker, here is a link to his blog, please note these pages are from 2010 and are centred mainly around Amsterdam.


Popular posts from this blog

FAS - Lodge Pond, 18th November 2018

MFS - Stafford Moor - Silvers Festival, 1st March 2019

Sumners Match Lake - Silvers, 28th December 2018